Speccoform is a low viscosity, film-forming, petroleum oil-based release compound for use on metal, wood, aluminum, or fiberglass forms. Speccoform contains a chemically reactive base that upon contact with cement alkalinity creates a water-insoluble film on the form’s surface that prevents adhesion or sticking of the concrete. Surface voids and related defects are reduced as the film formation helps promote displacement of trapped air. Speccoform is composed of a “solvent-free” blend of non-staining petroleum process oils. Speccoform will not transfer or initiate adverse inter-coat adhesion of subsequently applied coatings, caulks, or sealants. Concrete form surfaces are left with reduced levels of residual contaminant build-up, which allows easier cleaning and stripping properties and extends form life.
- Provides economical smooth concrete surfaces
- Reduces concrete surface voids
- V.O.C. compliant in all states
- Provides long form life
- Provides rust reducing properties to steel forms
- Certified P.C.B. free oil for improved worker safety and environmental responsibility
- Available with optional citrus-scented odor (Speccoform Citrus)