A highly effective vegetable oil-based release compound formulated with a low
degree of solvency.
MOLD & FORM RELEASE AGENT FOR CONCRETE
RA-227 Release Oil is a highly effective vegetable oil-based release compound formulated with a low degree of solvency. RA-227 Release Oil is recommended primarily for epoxy coated wood forms or fiberglass molds, but can also be used on urethane or elastomeric precast form liners. RA-227 Release Oil contains a chemically reactive base that upon contact with cement alkalinity creates a water-insoluble film on the form’s surface that prevents adhesion or sticking of the concrete. Surface
voids and related defects are reduced as the film formation helps promote displacement of trapped air. RA-227 Release Oil is nonstaining and safe to use on white or colored concrete to obtain an architectural grade concrete surface. RA-227 Release Oil will not transfer or initiate adverse inter-coat adhesion of subsequently applied coatings, caulks, or sealants. Concrete form surfaces are left free of any residual contaminant build-up, which allows easier cleaning and stripping properties and extends form life.
- Eliminates surface voids on concrete surface
- Leaves no residual film deposit build-up
- Non staining, low odor formulation
- Contains renewable resource (vegetable oil) components for LEED credit
- Helps keep forms clean for extended production life
- VOC compliant in all states with the exception of California