Salt Shield is a ready to use, colorless, odorless, penetrating, protective concrete sealer. Salt Shield is formulated to densify, dust proof and harden untreated concrete surfaces by creating a permanent closed cell, less porous substrate. Salt Shield also contains a water repellent additive to decrease surface absorption and provide improved water beading. Treated surfaces are more resistant to water and deicing salt intrusion, as well as acids, oils, grease and other contaminants. Salt Shield is recommended for cured (hardened) concrete use only, not on newly poured (fresh) concrete. Typical applications include driveways, walkways, loading docks, garages (residential and commercial), ramps, and steps. Salt Shield is also used in precast manhole applications to provide decreased surface permeability for improved vacuum testing results.
- Increases wear resistance for improved surface strength.
- Excellent dustproofing.
- Provides added water repellency.
- Decreased permeability of the surface.
- Improved stain resistance.
- Applies in one flood coat.
- V.O.C. compliant.
- Odorless, non-yellowing water based formulation.