PRIMING SOLUTION/ADMIXTURE FOR CEMENT BASED TOPPINGS
Speccobond is a re-emulsifiable co-polymer solution for priming, bonding or modifying cement based coatings, grouts or mortars. As a primer, Speccobond exhibits a high level of tact and is recommended for use with Speccrete® HF-500 Floor Top and HF-1000 underlayments, gypsum base underlayments, as well as all Speccrete® Stampable Overlay and Speccrete® Vertifaux vertical carving mortar. Speccobond will seal the concrete substrate preventing water loss and resulting shrinkage in the topping used. Speccobond will greatly improve bond and flexural strengths of the topping which will increase long term durability. Speccobond can also be added integrally as an admixture to Speccrete® Vertifaux for applications requiring exterior applications. The addition of Speccobond into cement mixes provides reduced water absorption which greatly improves freeze-thaw cycling stability and chance of spalling.
- E.V.A. based formula exhibits higher water resistance than P.V.A. (Polyvinyl Acetate) latex bonding agents.
- Resulting dried film is water re-emulsifiable only in early application stages.
- Seals substrate base to promote adhesion and bond of the cementitious topcoat.
- Improves overall flexural, tensile and bond strength of topcoat to substrate.
- Protects topcoats from excessive moisture loss to the subgrade thereby preventing any shrinkage cracking.
COMPOSITION: Speccobond is a E.V.A. (ethylene vinyl acetate) co-polymer emulsion.
TECHNICAL DATA: Exceeds minimum bond strength requirements per ASTM C-1059 for both wet and dry environments. Specimens cast per ASTM C-1042 type II lattices.
COVERAGE: Apply Speccobond solution liberally to the entire area to be coated at an approximate rate of 200-300 square feet per gallon (4.9-7.4 m2/L) depending on the absorption or porosity of the substrate.
SHIPPING NAME: Bonding Agent Emulsion – Water-base - Not regulated.
SHIPPING CLASS: ITEM 33880, SUB 2, LTL 55
AVAILABLE IN: 1 Gallon (3.78 L), 5 Gallon (18.9 L) pails, 55 gallon (208 L) drums