Liquid V.M.A. for multiple use applications, such as bleed water and shrinkage control, or as a hydration aid for shotcrete.
VISCOSITY MODIFYING ADMIXTURE FOR CONCRETE
Original #19 is a neutral, biodegradable, liquid chemical additive designed to reduce bleeding, segregation, shrinkage and cracking that can occur in high water/cement ratio concrete mixes. The viscosity modifying properties of Original #19 also contribute to stabilization of high water to cement ratio mix designs as well as S.C.C. mixes that are susceptible to segregation at high slump ranges.
- BLEED / SEGREGATION CONTROL: Original #19 decreases surface water bleeding and improves aggregate suspension due to its gelling action. The hydration water is held integrally in the mix (not pushed to the surface), resulting in concrete with reduced capillarity, improved workability and cohesiveness.
- SHRINKAGE CONTROL: Original #19 stabilizes the concrete mix and therefore decreases shrinkage potential or surface cracking common in wet mixes or hot, windy weather environments.
- EASIER FINISHING: Original #19 aids surface finishing in flatwork by holding the hydration water in the matrix for extended times with minimal effects on set time. This allows for easier troweling with less drag or pull on the concrete and stronger compaction at the surface.
- EASIER PLACEMENT: Original #19 reduces splashing during concrete placement and adds workability to the concrete without added vibration or screeding. Original #19's hygroscopic gelling action retains moisture and provides a creamy uniformity to the mix.
- DECREASED PERMEABILITY: Original #19 provides a volume stabilized “closed cell” concrete structure less susceptible to water intrusion. This results in decreased surface damage from continuous freeze-thaw cycling and increased resistance to attack by deicing chemicals.
- IMPROVED SURFACE APPEARANCE: Original #19 intensifies color shades in decorative mixes containing iron oxide colorants resulting in improved appearance, uniformity and easier mixer clean out. Streaking, shade variations, and efflorescence formation are reduced or eliminated.
- S.C.C. VISCOSITY MODIFICATION: Original #19 is compatible with most polycarboxylate type superplasticizers (Specco W-40 SL) used in S.C.C. (self compacting concrete) mix designs, and can be added in tandem to achieve more uniform mix designs with segregation and bleed control at high slump levels. Original #19 provides controlled rheology and volume stability to high slump or S.C.C. modified concrete during transport and placement to prevent segregation and bleed.
- SHOTCRETE ADDITIVE: Original #19 dramatically reduces rebound, adds lubricity to the mix and allows easier pump
COMPOSITION: Medium viscosity proprietary gellant based solution. Original #19 does not contain any calcium chloride or intentionally added chlorides that would initiate or promote corrosion of reinforcement steel, or contribute to efflorescence.
TECHNICAL DATA: Independent laboratory test data for Original #19 is available upon request
SHIPPING NAME: Concrete Admixture – Water base - Not regulated by D.O.T.
AVAILABLE IN: 1 gallon (3.78 L), 5 gallon (18.9 L) pails, 55 gallon (208 L) drums, 265 gallon (1000 L) containers.